Acceptable Use Policy
The Malayan Colleges Mindanao recognizes the importance of computers and other information technology resources in enhancing student learning and facilitating the administration and operation of its campuses. To that end, the Information Technology Office (ITO) encourages the responsible use of computers, and other IT resources in support of the mission and vision of the Institute. By signing this Acceptable Use Policy, the user agrees to follow the guidelines set in this document.
The objective of this contract is to outline the acceptable use of IT resources provided by Malayan Colleges Mindanao (MCM). These rules are in place to protect the Institute and its stakeholders i.e. the students, faculty members, and non-teaching personnel. Inappropriate use exposes MCM to risks such as virus attacks, network systems security compromise, and other legal issues.
All Malayan Colleges Mindanao associates are required to comply with the provisions of the Acceptable Use Policy when they use the company computer systems and other IT resources.
Disciplinary action, including dismissal, may be taken against a MCM student or employee who, after due notice and hearing, is shown to have failed to comply with any of the contract provisions or has circumvented any security systems and/or protection mechanisms.
- ACCEPTABLE USE
- MCM computer systems must only be used for conducting their intended purpose which is to support the research, education, administrative and other functions of Malayan Colleges Mindanao.
- While DO-IT desires to provide a reasonable level of privacy, users should be aware that the data they create while using MCM’s IT resources remains the property of the Institute.
- For security and network security purposes, authorized ITO personnel may monitor equipment, systems, and network traffic at any time.
- Malayan Colleges Mindanao reserves the right to audit network and systems on a periodic basis to ensure compliance with this contract.
- Each employee acknowledges that any computer unit, along with all attached peripherals, assigned to him/her is his/her responsibility. As such, he/she will be held liable should any form of tampering on such units be detected.
- Each employee acknowledges that it is his/her responsibility to safeguard his/her user account credentials and identification cards. In the event that malicious use of a user’s account credentials is detected by ITO, the owner will be held liable for such acts. Lending or sharing account credentials is strictly prohibited.
- User accounts shall be revoked immediately from any employee on his/her effective date of resignation or termination of services, or as deemed necessary by MCM.
- All software installed in an Institute-owned computer must have a valid license obtained by MCM. Users are strictly prohibited from making copies of these software.
- Personal software or other software not licensed under the Institute shall not be used in MCM computers unless authorized by ITO.
- Removable storage media such as flash drives must be scanned using the Institute’s anti-virus software before these are accessed.
- UNACCEPTABLE USE
The following activities are strictly prohibited:
- Violations of the rights of any person or company protected by copyright, trade secret, patent or other intellectual property, or similar laws or regulations, including, but not limited to, the installation or distribution of “pirated” or other software products that are not appropriately licensed for use by Malayan Colleges Mindanao.
- Introduction of malicious programs (e.g., viruses, worms, Trojan horses, e-mail bombs, etc.) into the network.
- Addition, removal, replacement, or substitution of any computer components on their issued units. This includes all attached peripherals.
- Effecting security breaches or disruptions of network communication. Security breaches include, but are not limited to, accessing data of which the employee is not an intended recipient or logging into a server or account that the employee is not expressly authorized to access.
- Circumventing user authentication or security of any host, network or account.
- Sending Email messages containing:
- Chain letters (e-mail messages that encourage multiple message forwarding)
- Spam (advertising material to individuals who did not specifically request such material)
- Offensive/discriminatory comments against race, gender, religious, political beliefs, national origin, or disability
- Pornographic or sexually explicit material
- Speaking or writing in the name of Malayan Colleges Mindanao to any news group, “chat groups,” or any other forum on the Internet; or respond to queries/complaints unless duly authorized in writing by the Institute beforehand to perform this function.
- Any other actions deemed detrimental to the stability of the network.
Malayan Colleges Mindanao (MCM) is committed to protect the privacy rights of individuals on personal information pursuant to the provisions of Republic Act No. 10173 or the Data Privacy Act of 2012, its Implementing Rules and Regulations and the Basic Education Act of 1982.
All employees, students and administration officers are endeavored to comply and to share in the responsibility to secure and protect personal information collected and processed by MCM in pursuit of legitimate purposes.
- MCM adheres to the general principles of transparency, legitimate purpose and proportionality in the collection, processing, securing, retention and disposal of personal information pursuant to the MCM Data Privacy Manual.
- The students, parents, guardians, employees or third parties whose personal information is being collected shall be considered as data subjects for purposes of these policies.
- Data subjects shall be informed the reason or purpose of collecting and processing of personal data.
- The data subjects shall have the right to correct the information especially in cases of erroneous or outdated data, and to object to collection of personal information within the bounds allowed by privacy and education laws.
- The data subject has the right to file a complaint in case of breach or unauthorized access of his personal information.
- MCM shall secure the personal information of students, parents, guardians, employees and third parties from whom personal information is collected and shall take adequate measures to secure both physical and digital copies of the information.
- MCM shall ensure that personal information is collected and processed only by authorized personnel for legitimate purposes of MCM.
- Any information which is declared obsolete based on the internal privacy and retention procedures of MCM shall be disposed in a secure and legal manner.
- Data subjects may inquire or request for information from the Data Privacy Response Team, regarding any matter relating to the processing of their personal data under the custody of MCM, including the data privacy and security policies implemented to ensure the protection of their personal data.
Leave us a message.